Hello family and friends from the MTC!
This letter is proof that I have survived my first week here. I'm enjoying it, but I'll be glad when the next two weeks pass so I can head to Chicago and start the real work. They've given me two companions, Sister Goodsell from Las Vegas and Sister Stowers from Draper. They're nice, but it's been a challenge getting used to having two girls stuck to my hip all day. I relish the time when I'm sleeping and showering; it's at least one thing I can do alone.
I'm sure you're all curious, so I'll enlighten you with a typical day here at the MTC. I wake up around 5:30 or 6:00 most days (except on P-day when I have to wake up at 5 for the temple). I have until 6:50 to get ready and then go to my classroom for 30 minutes of study time before breakfast in the cafeteria. The cafeteria is an interesting place; it scared me my first day because it immediately brought back nightmares of highschool with all of the hungry boys. After breakfast, we have study time or go to class for several hours. I have two teachers, Bro. Swenson and Bro. Heasley. I won't tell you which, but one of them makes me want to take a nap every time he teaches.
Lunch comes next, after which there is more study time or class. It's the same for after dinner. We have gym four days a week which has become a nice break from the usual classes. After a 30 minute planning session for the next day, it's quiet time and lights out at 10:30. Then I start all over the next day.
There are several stories I would like to tell you, but my time on the computer is short. To sum it up, it's amazing to be in a place where the spirit is felt so frequently and so strongly. You can definitely notice when it's missing. I look back on the week I've been here and I'm amazed by all that I've learned and will continue to learn. There is no doubt in my mind that is where I should be right now and that this will be one of the greatest experiences of my life. The Lord has blessed me by leading me here and I am so grateful for His guidance. I miss you all, but I can only imagine how quickly the next 18 months will pass.
Well, my time is almost up. I love you all and I'm still waiting for some letters from my parents and sisters. Big Brother, Grandma, Debby, and Lauren: I thank you for your letters. Mail time is something I look forward to every day. That and bedtime. ;)
The gospel's true!!!!
Sister Sara
P.S. Have you considered dearelder.com? It's amazing! You can save a stamp!
P.P.S. HUGS to everyone!
P.P.S.S. Don't forget my Chicago package!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Week 1 of the MTC
Posted by Sara at 2:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment