Blog is mantained by:

Angela Waters
angela dot waters at gmail dot com

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Commitments required for happiness

Dear Family,

This isn't my weekly letter so don't get too excited. A few days ago I was going through all of the letters I've received since entering the mission and came across a letter from President Stoddard. I would like to bring your attention to a portion I found quite interesting: "...We pray for your continued support and encouragement of your daughter as she begins this challenging and extraordinary experience. It will be a great blessing to Sister Waters and to the work in our Mission. PLEASE WRITE TO YOUR DAUGHTER EACH WEEK and encourage her to be diligent. We suggest that all of your letters be positive, upbeat, and spiritual. To the extent possible, discussions of bad news, disappointments, discouraging items, etc. should be avoided..."

Every missionary lives to check the mail at the end of each day. When a whole transfer goes by without receiving anything from your family, it kinda hurts. So, as any good missionary would do, I would like to commit each of you to writing at least one letter every transfer/every 6 weeks. Allow me to phrase that in the form of a question: WILL YOU write your favorite missionary at least one letter every 6 weeks? I know that many blessings will come to you as you strive to do so. I in turn will also do my best to write personal letters, but knowing that you support me in this calling really makes my time here easier.

I love you all and hope to hear from you soon! Hugs!!!
Sister Sara

0 comments: