Dear Family and Friends,
Sadly, it is another one of those weeks where excitement has been kept to a minimum, something that seems to be happening quite frequently for some odd reason. I'm not sure how I feel about it. However, in my own amazing but humble sister missionary-ish way, I'll do my best to once again make this letter worth your while by giving you some little known facts/rumors.
Fact/Rumor #1: Being a bold missionary sometimes leads to feeling like a mean missionary, despite what your companion says.
Fact/Rumor #2: We have a member in the ward who looks a little bit like Alan Alda.
Fact/Rumor #3: Taking a sick day as a missionary can really throw you off on all of your other days.
Fact/Rumor #4: When your companion is sick, it's not boring but very productive.
Fact/Rumor #5: I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the fourth time on my mission (Fact). According to my count, the word "faith", "faithful", or "faithfulness" is mentioned 291 times. Please let me know if you'd be willing to count and see how accurate I am.
Fact/Rumor #6: Members/less actives/investigators will tell missionaries anything. I'm comparing it to being a hair stylist; she knows more about me than I'd like to think about!
Fact/Rumor #7: The Ensign is like candy to a missionary.
Fact/Rumor #8: It's hard to say no when a member offers to prepare an unplaned meal for you. They always say, "I'll be blessed for doing it" and I can't deprive them of their blessings. Hence, missionary pounds.
Fact/Rumor #9: There are some who actually say that cold coffee is not against the Word of Wisdom because it only says "hot drinks." For the first time in quite a while, I had nothing to say.
Fact/Fact #10: Missionaries love to find letters for them in the mail box. You'll think it's funny, but it's a very true statement when I tell you that Sister Kolb and I literally hunt down the mail man. That's almost sad.
So, there you have it. The 10 Fact/Rumor/Fact/Facts of the past week. How convenient that they're in an email from a genuine Sister Missionary and not in this month's tabloid. Next week, look forword to the tracting/finding adventures of two sister missionaries. Sister Kolb and Sister Waters: Saving the world one soul at a time. The gospel's true! Hugs!
Sister Waters
0 comments:
Post a Comment