Blog is mantained by:

Angela Waters
angela dot waters at gmail dot com

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Deja vu

Dear Family and Friends,

  On this day, my one year anniversary of my arrival in the Land of Lincoln, I am experiencing a slight case of deja vu.  Just over a year ago, I was in the MTC suffering from a cough probably gained from so much handshaking and stress.  Once again, I am suffering from sniffles, but I am pretty sure that this time it is not from shaking hands but from evil allergies.  This is a clincher:  I will never live in Illinois.  Other than that, things are grand.  Allow me to fill you in:

  Things continue to go well in the area that is Gurnee.  Transfers are next week, but right now I can't even imagine what is going to happen.  I feel like I'll be staying here-mainly for Sister Clark-but several signs are pointing to us departing.  For now I'll do my best to keep my mind occupied and work like crazy so the new missionaries will have investigators to work with.  It's times like these that I wish I could just hibernate until Tuesday morning and eliminate some panic caused by worrying.  I'll be sure to keep you updated as to my whereabouts.

  I'm pretty sure that no matter where I go, fall will be in the air.  This morning we were told it was a high of 32 degrees!  A sweater is definitely a requirement at this point and while I'm quite excited for the new season, I think Sister Kolb is starting to get a little worried about the weather that is ahead.  As for me, been there, done that.  This week we've been helping Sister Clark move into her new apartment; she's on the 8th floor and the view will allow her to see the tops the changing trees.  I really hope to be here to see them.  It's already started, but a birds-eye view would be even better.

  For some reason, Sunday's always seem to be a struggle for me.  There's always the stress of making sure investigators, recent converts and less actives come to church, greeting members, getting paperwork signed...it's all quite crazy.  This past Sunday was no exception, but in a different way.  A less active member made a comment towards me that threw me into a whirlwind of anger.  I managed to stay calm until after church, but gave myself some much needed alone time back at the apartment.  I'm starting to learn that reading the scriptures when I'm angry is one of the best ways to eliminate anger and to have a nice chat with Heavenly Father.  So after saying a quick prayer that I would read something to calm me down, I opened my scriptures to D&C 59 where I received some inspiration as to how I can help a less active.  Next, as I am trying to finish the D&C before heading home, I went to D&C 6, receiveding some much needed inspiration for myself.  In a nutshell, Heavenly Father and I had a nice chat.  In the end, I was calm and much happier than just a few hours earlier.  I love the scriptures and my mission has litterally been a time for me to "feast" upon them.  There is no doubt that I would not have realized how much "yummyness" they contain if I had not gone on a mission.

  Okay, my computer time is coming to a close, but I just wanted to let you know that we have another baptism coming up on September 25!  Until just recently, Rita has been taught by the Buffalo Grove elders, but Sister kolb and I will be taking over the lessons because she lives in our area.  I've only met with her a few times, but love her already.

  I have no idea what next week will bring, but I've enjoyed the time I've had to be in Gurnee.  President is inspired so wherever I go it will be where I need to be.  The Gospel's true and I am a representative of Jesus Christ!  Until next week....

          Sister Waters

0 comments: